Prostitution & Solicitation Charges in Akron
Fight Back with an Akron Sex Crimes Attorney
Selling and buying sex is against the law in Ohio, along with loitering
for the purpose of prostitution. These are all forms of sex crimes which
can lead to heavy fines and time spent in jail. You have a right to a
defense, however, if you are charged with either crime. Call on an Akron
criminal defense lawyer to represent you if you have been charged with
either solicitation or prostitution.
Christopher G. Thomarios, Esq. LLC I am licensed to practice in both state and federal courts and have more
than a decade of legal experience under my belt which I put to use with
each case I handle. Thanks to my track record of vigorous advocacy, I
have been added to the list of
Rising Stars. I can provide the careful research and counsel you need when facing
What penalties do I face?
A prostitution or solicitation conviction can do irreparable damage to
your reputation on top of the fines and jail time. For this reason, you
need to look to my firm to cone to your defense.
Punishments can include:
- 60 days in jail and up to $5,000 in fines for prostitution, loitering,
- 36 months in prison and up to $10,000 for prostitution and soliciting after
testing positive for HIV
- 6 to 12 months in jail and up to $2,500 for loitering after testing positive for HIV
- Use of a vehicle to commit solicitation can result in a driver’s
license suspension of 6 months
- 9 to 36 months in prison and up to $10,000 in fines for child prostitution
- Required registration as sex offenders for people convicted of child prostitution
Those convicted of prostitution, solicitation, and loitering can also be
mandated to submit to testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
at their own expense.
Arrested? Time to Call My Akron Defense Firm
If you have been charged, reach out to an
Akron sex crimes attorney from my firm as soon as you can. I can work hard to undermine the prosecution’s
case against you to secure your freedom.
Call Christopher G. Thomarios, Esq. LLC right away to set up your free