Christopher G. Thomarios
Akron Criminal Lawyer
Christopher Thomarios has successfully represented clients in criminal
defense and civil rights issues in federal and in state courts all over
Northeast Ohio, in cases ranging from the most serious drug and violence
charges to OVI/DUIs, juvenile cases, and minor driving infractions.
Christopher is admitted to practice law in Ohio, the United States District
Court, Northern District of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth
Circuit, and before the United States Supreme Court.
Christopher also provides excellent representation for his clients in
contract negotiation and drafting as well as a variety of civil matters
stemming from contractual disputes, personal injury, collections, and
drafting of contracts for the sale of goods, to name just a few.
Christopher has built a solid reputation with clients dealing with difficult
personal issues and momentous life decisions by utilizing a not-so-novel
method: truly listening to fully understand their needs and deepest concerns.
At no time is this perhaps more important than when creating Wills, Living
Will Declarations, and Durable Healthcare Powers of Attorney. Christopher's
clients often rely upon his attentiveness and experience in these areas
when creating or updating these crucial documents.
Christopher graduated from Denison University with a B.A. in Political
Science. During his time at Denison, he interned in the Washington, D.C.
office of United States Senator Richard G. Lugar (IN). Christopher received
his law degree from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State
University, where he was a member of the Jessup Moot Court team. During
both college and law school, Christopher spent time in Geneva, Switzerland
and London, England studying foreign affairs and international human rights.
Since 2007, he has operated as a sole practitioner to provide his clients
with the individual attention that you simply cannot receive at larger
firms. Christopher is a member of the Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers
Association and remains passionate about human rights, which is reflected
every day in his devotion to his clients.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Criminal Defense
- 14% Civil Litigation
- 2% Wills
- 2% Civil Rights
- 2% Workers Compensation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- American Bar Association 2016
Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Honors: Jessup International Moot Court Team - 2002-2003
- Honors: Treasurer- International Law Students Association - 2002-2003
- Honors: Chair, International Programs Committee
Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha - Political Science Honor Society
- Honors: Member, Varsity Lacrosse Team
- International Law Specialization, London Summer Program, U. of Miami School
of Law, Miami Florida, 2001
- Center for International & Comparative Programs, Kent State University,
Geneva, Switzerland, Spring, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (Secretary, 2010 - 2011)
- Member of CCDLA Judge4Yourself Panel
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Senator Richard G. Lugar (IN), Washington D.C., Congressional Intern, 1998